Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The GMC Motorhome Gets New Window Treatments

Take a look at this. I am writing the blog on this little guy. Took it with me this morning and cruised the internet while Teri built the window covers for the new curtains. Pretty neat. Picked it up yesterday at Sams Club. It has a 10 inch screen. The keyboard is almost full size. Has a 160 gig hard drive with 1 gig of ram installed. Runs on Windows XP. I like it. The wifi card is very sensitive. While at Bill's workshop I had several neighboring routers that I could choose from. I don't recommend this as a full time laptop but it sure does what I had hoped it would. Sits on the Vibe dash and will travel there, using it as a work station for the lap top. Will be great while traveling in the GMC.
Here is my buddy. She is busy today. The GMC is getting a makeover and she started on it today.

Our friend Bill has an excellent work shop and Teri has the keys.

The old window coverings and curtains have seen better days. We are getting new ones. This has been on the list for some time. It began to happen today.

A little finish work. Teri has our kitchen table covered now with wood and clamps. Holding things together til the glue dries.

I think Thursday will be the day for finishing the wood work and installing them Friday.







As you can see, this wall shows where one set will go. We are also putting up a new wall and ceiling but that will not happen until we get back from Pueblo. Also, the new coverings will not go on the windows until we get back. We have not picked out the blinds yet. May do Roman Shades, not sure yet. Whatever we do I want it as insulated as it can be. Gets cold during the Arizona winter nights. Teri is using a sanding block that our friend Gene Fisher gave her last year while we were at his house, in Oregon.







Here he sits just waiting for the new inside makeover. As you can see I covered the wheels. Put too much work into polishing them to let them sit until we roll unprotected. I think the coach knows that we are about to pull out. I can't wait. Make sure you ride along with us. The tracker will be on.

I should have more pictures tomorrow so come on back.
Dan








1 Comments:

At September 18, 2009 at 11:57 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Lookin' good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home