Monday, November 16, 2009

One of My Most Favorite Days of the Week

I spent most of Sunday afternoon hunkered down in here. Need to do a little shining up before I put the cover back on. I installed new transmission cooling lines yesterday. This is what took so long. I could not get these threads to line up. Was a real "bear". A 30 minute job took me about 2 and a half hours. Oh well, I am retired.
That was my last item on the check list for the coach. Should be ready to roll toward Quartzsite now. Oh, forgot, I added another item to that list. We need 4 new house batteries. That is a chore. I have them all up front and will have to remove the fender wells to get the old ones out and new ones in. Guess that will happen on next sunny day.
Today the sun is gone and it sprinkled rain over night. Glad I am retired. I can just sit inside and wait for a sunny day. Or, maybe I will hit the road and see what is going on around town. Being Monday all of the working folks are off the roads. I like that.
The picture from last week was a 69 Ultravan. Most of those were built in the 60's and had a Corvair engine shoved under the bead, in the rear. There are several of them still out there rolling. Some even have Corvette and Toronado v-8 s in the back. Sure would enjoy revving one of those bad boys up and popping the clutch. I got several emails on that. I even gave a real clue. I left the photo name on it so if you put your cursor on the picture it says 69 Ultravan.
Hope everyone has a great week. Will be back soon.
Dan

1 Comments:

At November 16, 2009 at 6:51 PM , Blogger carl s said...

I figured that half hour job would turn into a three hour job. Hmmm, you did it in two and a half hours. You did good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home