Saturday, January 23, 2010

Quartzsite, Az, What A Place

What a place. Just look at the sunset. Last night, around the fire with friends.

Today the weather has been just almost perfect. We got up and hit the ham radio flea market here. It actually started an hour before daylight. With me rolling out of bed about 9am I figured all the bargains were gone. Not true. I picked up a working cell phone amp for 5 bux. It is identical to the one I use for our internet. That was a real bargain.
Teri shopped the Good Sam's charity book sale. I think she ended up with about 12 books. they were 3 for a dollar. She was very happy which made for a great day, you know what I mean.




Now, here are things hams always look for but never have enough of. All kinds of antena and radio parts in these bowls.




Now, here is where it was happening. A.C. had a big table full of anything a guy could ever need. We met A.C. in church last Sunday so I know he is an honest salesman.





Typical, come back an hour later and the price may have gone up. Got to grabem when you see them.





Look at what this guy did to his new truck. Looks like a porky pine, however you spell it.








Here is A.C.'s home. He is a fulltimer.








We met Pat today. She is also a fulltimer and lives in this 19 ft. travel trailer.







After the flea market closed down Teri and I had lunch, then we headed back into Quartzsite to find the bargains. I thought since it was getting close to the end of the show things might be marked down a bit. I did not find that to be true at all.
Do you need rv insurance?












Now, this little fella in his hammock was just too good to pass up.











And, here is the next Billy Mayes. Our friend John selling led lights for motorhomes. He has a very nice, top notch, GMC for sale. It has everything and is ready as a dependable coach. I would love to have it but one is enough for me. It can be "stolen" and on the road to anywhere. I mean it is nice. I hope it does not go on ebay. Maybe someone will be looking for one before that happens. Email me if you are looking for one that needs nothing done to it. Put GMC in the title of message.

Our good friend, Bob, came to see us this afternoon. The same Bob that gave us back our brakes a couple of weeks ago. He lives in the Phoenix area. Had a friend from Iowa visiting and wanted to bring him out to see Quartzsite in January. Thanks for coming Bob. Great visit, as always.
The week long hamfest is over. Many of the folks are gone until next year. Teri and I plan to stay another week. I want to see the car show here this weekend. Teri wants to do some geocaching. We will do both next week so stand by for more pictures.
Thanks for stopping by this afternoon.
Dan











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home