Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tax Day

Whew, glad to have that over with. Teri and I did our taxes this afternoon during the race. Race was rather boring anyway. I always dread doing our taxes. Those guys used to hang it on me every year. It got so complicated that I had to pay Rick to do them for us after the feds sent me a letter that I owed them 750 more bux. Shoot, I mailed the check, with no questions, the following day. I wanted no part of a federal penn. My grandfather did time in a federal joint down in Atlanta. I think he took care of all of the family as far as doing time is concerned. His was not tax evasion, he was a moonshiner. They broke him of his trade. When he got out, he moved his family from Alabama to Arkansas and began farming. Made a very good, legal, living.
So, with that over I can get on to more important things, like geocaching or something. I am waiting on 2 parts for the coach. Will be a couple of slow days here so will see what we can find. Maybe we can locate that treasure over in Solomon that has eluded us for so long.
Sure was good to see our friends at church today and tonight. We left planning to be gone only one Sunday but I think we missed 5.
No pictures. Didn't figure you would be interested in our tax return. Will get some this week and post.
Just talked with my youngest brother, Matt, over in Monroe, La. He makes good money but is working on getting debt free. He has found a second job taking work orders for all kind of little jobs. They pay anywhere from 100.00 on up. Just depends on the job. Most are trivial, replacing a board in customer's tv or running a computer cable for a store or buisness. Little stuff like that. He is going to work with me to see if I can get on board and maybe pick up some gas money. Sounds pretty good.
Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as Teri and I did.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home