Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Working in Bastrop, La.

Today I was fortunate to train with my brother on a new found job. Just a part time thing but will help me put the money back that was taken out of the bank to install a new engine and transmission in our coach.
I grabbed a quick shot of this 57 2 door ht chevy this morning. It looked very nice as it went by. I just barely got my camera on before he sped completely out of our sight. I like blue.I snapped this shot of the entrance to the hospital in Bastrop. this was our second job in Bastrop this morning. Changed a couple of computer cables in a medecine dispencing computer.

Our first job was at 9 am. We traveled to a nail salon to replace a board in a flat screen tv. Then off to the hospital. Left Bastrop around noon and headed back to Monroe to swap out some parts in a projection tv. After lunch we drove back north of town, 10 miles, to complete our 4th job for the day. We replaced a board in another flatscreen yesterday. so, I have been on 5 jobs with my brother so far and am learning how to get the jobs and do the paperwork. Will do a couple more on Thursday. I hope that will get me ready to hit it running when we get home. It is one of those work when you want to. Looks pretty promising.
While we were out all day Teri worked here at my brother's and fixed one great supper before we all took off to a Dave Ramsey class that my brother teaches. Was great to attend and watch my younger brother direct the class on how to live debt free. The reason my brother works the part time job, in a ddition to his regular job, is to get himself debt free. They are just 900 dollars short of paying off 30 grand in 11 months. Looks like they will hit the mark this month. That is a lot of money to pay on debt when you have 5 small kids.
Last night my little niece had a loose tooth. She will be 9 next week. She let her uncle Danny snatch it out with the same little pair of plyers that my dad used to pull my teeth and her dad's. Pretty neat. She will remember me as her dentist for a long time to come. Those plyers have been in our family for over 50 years. I don't have any idea where or when my dad got them but they are still coming in handy.
Hope everyone is having a great week. Catch you tomorrow. I think Teri and I are going to chase a few more caches in the afternoon.
Dan

1 Comments:

At March 31, 2010 at 9:39 AM , Blogger carl s said...

"Danny the Dentist" huh?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home