Thursday, April 1, 2010

April With A Bang

We started our day here in the nail salon in Bastrop.

Here is the owner. He was happy that we had his large flat screen tv fixed and hanging back up so the customers could watch Fox again. Very nice guy. We swapped out a couple of boards on the tv and it was ready to go.

My brother MAtt. On our way home from the job we stopped and I let him find a cache here on the side of the road.
Belwo, my wife, Teri, is ready to go. We have 4 twins here and they want to geocache. Teri is showing them how the handheld unit will lead them right to where the treasure is located. Teri is a queen in the eyes of these 4. I kinda like sleeping with her as she is very popular. All kids love her. I am a kid at heart and I really love her, my best friend ever.


They have located their first cache in the park.
Below is the second one of the afternoon.

All excited.

Chris takes off for number 3 of the day. Located under a bridge.


Checking it out.
HEre they go, off into the woods for number 4.

Look close. You will see colored t shirts in that brush. A snake also lived up in there. Teri did not tell the kids about seeing the snake, but I let it slip. Shame on me.

After number 5. These guys were hot. I suspect they had walked a mile and a half. Well, Teri and Chris did. Seems the other 3 liked riding in the air conditioned van after the first 3 finds.

The kids stayed in the van here. We were finished in the park and on our way to Sam's Club. Stopped to grab this one. Had to be real stealthy. A lady pulled up and just sat there watching to see what we were doing. I blocked her view while Teri snatched this one, that I spotted.

Teri let the old man grab this one. At Sam's Club and everyone was hungry. I knew when we got close where it was. Light poles are popular.Fast grab and then inside for Pizza.

April 1st is the two oldest twins birthday. we had cake after the fun afternoon. 10 years old today.

Tuesday these two will be 9 years old. Quite a group. We love coming down and spending time with them.

Tonight is haircut time. If you have seen one get a haircut, you have seen two. The family is heading to Dallas in the morning for 2 days.

Teri and I are staying til Monday. That will give us longer to look at old places along the big mighty muddy, as we travel the 420 miles home. Love those back roads. Lots of history.
I appreciate you checking in on us. Teri and I will do some geocaching, locally, while Matt and family are in Dallas. May have some good photos for Friday evening so check back when you have time.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home