Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Making Memories

The only thing prettier than this picture is the one below. First one is a finished field.

This one, well it was supposed to be us completely finished on the farm out at Powe, Mo. We were just about fo finish this 400 acre section when, guess what? Oh yea, we had 30 minutes to go, was 6 pm, and the rain came. I really messed up. I forgot to specify the time for the rain. Hope my cousin does not figure this one out. I might get fired.

Check this out. We eat like this daily when working for my cousins. It is hard to believe but true. Wafe and Reed certainly are the most pleasant people I have ever worked with. Very even tempered and never a cross word. I am going to miss this.

Just look at this meal.

So, when do you think our favorite part of the day is? Actually mine is when the sun sets but this runs a close second.

My cousin Reed's granddaughter. She comes with her grandma daily to make sure we eat right. Very special little girl.

Yep, that is home made ice cream that I am about to devour.

Guess who?
This will be our last year to work for my cousins. They are getting a new picker. I may have told you already. It will eliminate us. It has been fun. For 3 years I have done this. This is Teri's first "full time" year. We have made some great memories. I enjoy telling Teri about when I was a kid and played on this very farm. Of course I only talk about the fun times. The older I get the more I forget about the bad times. Seems to me there were no real bad times. Of course, I have lost many close family members, and that was sad. But, I dwell on the good times with them and remember the things I learned from my parents and grandparents. I got my last "belt" from my dad when I was 16. That was actually a fun day and I recall it like it was yesterday. I made him think he had really hurt me but I almost laughed before I got out of the house. That would have really created a bad memory.
So, it is raining outside, 9 pm. Does not mean it is raining in Powe. We are hoping for a day off so we can see our 4 grandkids in the morning. Hang with us, got lot more coming up.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home