Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Fun Times

Lambert's, home of throwed rolls. Jim and Melba wanted us to take Roma and Reuben to Lambert's so all 6 of us rode over in Melba's car.

Similar picture but they are nearly full. Notice the different looks on the faces? We had a great time. Thanks Jim and Melba.

This afternoon was a trip to the local antique store. It is a big one with lots of traffic. Even critters enjoy this place. A lady came to me hollaring she needed help. She had a varmit in her antique booth.

Look close, at the end of the broom. I can't help. This is a snake. No way. I am not Billy the Exterminator. I am more like Dan the cross country runner when it comes to these guys. One of the workers grabbed a broom.

He dragged the guy out. I flipped him a trash can and he was able to get him inside the can and out the door we went.

Here he is on the parking lot. He was trying his best to get back inside but we finally made him realize the grass was a better place for him. I do not do snakes. Only good snake is a dead one on my boots. My father was bitten by a rattler and he passed his fear on to me. My brother can pick them up and carry around with him in his pockets. Not me boy. Those suckers are all poisonous as far as I am concerned. Who in their right mind can get close enough to see if his eyes are round or triangular? Not me.
So, we had an exciting day. I was able to get my exercise running from that snake. Our daughter is bringing the grandkids over to meet Roma and Reuben shortly. Things will liven up immensely.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home