Thursday, October 28, 2010

Brilliant Alabama

We took Marci Claire home this morning and headed toward Alabama. There were a few caches we wanted to grab before we crossed the river so we picked up 6 in just a few minutes. this one was in Risco.

Malden Airbase.


A nice one here at the operations center.

Here is one in Malden on East Howard.

Just north of Hayti in the KOA.

Hayti. Can you see the cache? We missed this one back in the Spring. I knew I could find it and I did.

Hey, we made it to Hamilton about 4. Brilliant had their last football game tonight against Bear Creek. They were short an announcer so guess who?

The two prettiest ladies at the game.

My father was born down here. My grandfather worked in the Brilliant coal mines in the 1920's so I do have roots here. Teri and I enjoy coming here 2-3 times each year.


The real announcer, Freeman. He is my cousin's husband and high school math teacher at Brilliant. Also is a gospel preacher.

The game was a good one. Brilliant 32, Bear Creek 8. {My grandmother was from Bear Creek}. That made it a really good game. I was glad to be in the vip booth, announcer's room, as it got cold before the game was over. Being inside was a good thing tonight.
It was a great trip down, very good supper, and a good game for our entertainment tonight. Hope you were able to ride along using the tracker. Check back in a day or so. Should have some good pictures. Enjoy the weekend.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home