Monday, October 18, 2010

Grandsons

Yesterday I needed to run down to Bernie. Teri and I are planning to hide a geocache there. We had checked the coordinates once but we need to do it a few times so we make sure they are correct. The little handhelds can be off a few feet so we try to do 5 times and average them out. Or, we take two handhelds, which I did yesterday, and see how much different they read. Of course I took one of our grandsons with me. They all love riding anywhere in the bug with grandpa. Well, when Tyler saw the playground in the park, well, we spent nearly an hour there on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.



Had a blast.

This afternoon, another beautiful day. I was polishing cars and it was getting warm. Needed something less strenious.

Colsyn had talked with Mr. Vernon last week about riding Lady. He called and had spoken with Vernon today and it was right to head out to take a ride.

This one is a real cowboy. He would love spending time with us in Az. His three cousins out there all have their own horse.


Colsyn and Lady ran around for 2 hours. She tried to rub him off once. Took him under a tree and leaned on it, scraping his ear pretty bad. When she figured out that the boy was in for the long haul she was fine and they continued playing.

Lady and Colsyn get along great. After he dismounted Lady followed him everywhere he went. After we unsaddled her she was treated with 2 apples. Colsyn gave Lady quite a workout. She was lathered up real good. Lady also gave Colsyn quite a workout. He was tired when we got into the bug and headed home. I grew up with horses, on the farm. I wish our grandkids here could have their own horses like their cousins in Az. Taking care of them is good for kids. One of my daily chores was to make sure the horses were fed and that nothing was wrong with them. I am thankful that my dad made sure his kids had horses, even though he was not all that happy with them. Today my father would have been 83 years old. He has been gone for a while now but his memory will last as long as his 5 kids are around. I was fortunate to have a great childhood. My parents were as good as they come. I also had some really cool grandparents. I hope my grandkids always have fond memories of growing up with cool grandparents.
Life is grand, see ya later.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home