Saturday, October 23, 2010

Geocaching Our Way To The Airport

This is not a good picture but you can see that I have 5 stoplights on the vdub. I figure anything I can do to keep someone from running into me is good. I am now looking for a pulsator to make the leds in the rear windshield flash when I hit the brakes. The leds in the windshield I picked up at Harbor Freight cheap, I think 6 bux. A light strip of 24 leds.

Now, who is this great looking lady? Does she need a ride? We drove to Lambert Field last night to pick up our friends from Los Angeles. We decided to geocache our way there. Had lots of fun, as always. This one we found at Sikeston, on hiway 60.

A rest area just north of Cape. My little finger points to the cache.

Perryville. See those legs? Guess who? Oh yea, Teri is in those trees searching for a cache.

Front of sign.

Back of sign. I got in trouble for sending Teri in there, messed up her hair. My fault, I know, ha. She got the cache.

Wow, great looking lady. She was riding with me too. This was behind a rest area south of Festus.
Was a great trip. Our friends' flight was late but we were able to park and wait for them. They have a parking lot at the airport called "Cell Phone Lot". Free, and they have a sign so you can see the flights, on time or not. Also, Teri found a radar type site online that we watched their plane come in from Salt Lake, real time.
Grabbed them, hit the Cracker Barrel in Arnold, and was home by 1130 pm. I was able to catch Dateline on the Los Angeles tv feed. Tonight we have several friends coming over for supper to meet our friends. Life is good when you own a GMC motorhome. If our engine had not blown last January we would never have met Roma and Reuben. Now they are sitting at our house.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home