Tuesday, December 14, 2010

GMC Motorhome, Geocaching the Desert

Oh boy. We got up and headed out again. This desert just draws you out there. It is so warm here that we have to keep our eyes open for rattlesnakes. Did not see any today. this first cache was about a mile out from the road.

This cache was a couple of miles out, or more. they are good hides and we enjoyed finding them.

A shot of the landscape.

I was up here when I took the above picture. This is the San Samone Spillway. Does not look like it has been needed in a long time.

Here is one, a birdhouse cache. I tore this birdhouse apart and there was nothing in it. Here comes Teri.

Look where it was, just hanging around. I had to put the birdhouse back together.

The car parked at the end of the road.

Look at the mountains. I have not been here in a long time when snow was not up there. I am sure it will come any day.

This one was hidden in the post in center of the picture.

We met new friends. While Teri was hunting a cache I spotted the bus. then I struck a conversation with them. Paul is from upstate New York. He leaves the bus here in summer and goes back to NY. Spends his winters here like Teri and I do. He lives in the bus. Was really fixed up nice inside. Did not take inside pictures. We had a great visit with the couple before moving on.
So, there it is. We grabbed a few more of the caches out here in the desert. Saw some really neat places that we would never have seen if not geocaching. Hope everyone is doing ok. teri and I lost a good friend, Lannie, in Tx. He had been sick for a while. His wife Billie is such a sunshiny type lady. She brings a smile to all. We are sorrowful with her tonight.
Catch you later.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home