Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Monster GMC Motorhome

I ran over to Jeff's today in Silver City. He sold his 26 foot GMC last Spring to a guy in Great Britain and grabbed this 1958 40 foot Scenic Cruiser GMC. Jef has ripped out all of the old rv conversion and is doing this right. We worked on the shifting linkage and got one of the 3 air tanks mounted. It was a fun day.

We broke for lunch and ran into town. Jeff fed me well. Downtown Silver City NM. is different. That is about all I will say other than you will see all kinds of folks running around down there.

About 3 pm we quit on the bus and I headed back to Duncan. Grabbed this shot as I crossed back over the Divide.

You can see that it was getting overcast as I came down out of the mountains. Dropped about 2500 feet from the Divide into Lordsburg where I filled up the car. Gasoline is 20 cents cheaper in Lordsburg than anywhere else around here. Got super mileage coasting down for 16 miles.

Take a look at this bad boy. It ain't a house cat. My buddy Carl shot this today in his back yard. He lives in Tucson.
Well, I have a dentist appointment at noon Thursday. If that is not bad enough, the dentist is south of the border. Jeff goes across often and does not worry about it. He volunteered to ride down with me and keep me safe. Am hoping for the best and only one visit. I worry that I may have to make a second trip across with my passport. I will share some Mexico photos with you tomorrow night from Palomas.
Dan

1 Comments:

At December 16, 2010 at 10:08 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Unless he's done a lot more to the inside, it looks like Jeff has got a looooong way to go on that bus!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home