Wednesday, January 19, 2011

GMC Motorhome Living

Look at this rascal that rolled in today. There are a lot of very expensive coaches out here in the desert.

Out in the desert this morning for some mountain climbing and geocaching.

Some kind of old mine here. I did not pay much attention to it. Might be an old copper or gold mine for all I know. I was watching for rattlesnakes and scorpions, not much chance to really give this a good look.

Nope, I did not climb this one. It is the one you see from I-10 just west of town. Has a big Q on it.

Teri took this picture, I have no idea why.

This bad boy flew over us today. I guess someone out here in the desert needed some help.

Our friends and Teri having a lazy afternoon. See why I grabbed the shady spot?

Staying in the desert is free. I get water at the local Pilot truck stop. It is free too. I guess we use about 5 gallons every other day. Most of that is our daily shower I guess. I keep our tank full of fresh water.

Yea, there are some wierd looking vehicles running around out here. It seems in Arizona any rig with 4 wheels can have a tag and drive down the streets legally. that is not the case in Missouri.
Well, that is pretty much it. We visited with our friends around the fire tonight after church. Was too dark to get a picture. I am guessing 10 GMC coaches parked up there, maybe 12. A good friendly crowd. We may spend more time up there tomorrow. Will just see what takes place. I know first we will head to the 25 cent coffee shop. After that, who knows.
Dan,
in Quartzsite, Az.

1 Comments:

At January 20, 2011 at 7:11 AM , Blogger carl s said...

That weird looking vehicle in your picture is a "Pinzgauer", a Swiss army vehicle. They are awesome off road trucks. We saw one in Salt Lake last October. It was in much better shape.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home