Friday, February 18, 2011

Our Children

Oh wow, Have I ever said I have a big mouth? Sometimes we say things that we have heard and never give a thought to it. Just in passing I said, "wouldn't it have been nice if we could have had the grandkids before we had our kids?"  Wrong thing to put in writing. I knew that and did not mean it. I must apologize to our kids. We have the greatest kids in the world. I can tell that our children were raised properly because of the way our grandkids are turning out. Our grandchildren are all tender hearted. I am tender hearted but I hate for folks to know it. It just was not a manly way to be when I was growing up. No one ever saw me cry as a kid because I was taught that boys do not cry. I was afraid that I was the only "weak" kid in the family because I did cry but I ran and hid first. I am proud that our kids are tenderhearted and are not afraid to let others see that. They have passed that on to our 16 grandchildren and I am glad. I never tell my grandsons that "boys don't cry". I will tell them it is ok when the time might come. Maybe that will make for an easier life along the way.
I hope folks realize that I was just joking when I made that statement a couple of days ago. But to all of our children I apologize for letting something like that slip out. I never meant for it to be taken seriously.
Oh well, that is what I get. Do our kids have big mouths like their dad? Naw.
Back to the engine tear down now. This was bothering me so I needed a break so I could try to fix it.
Skip this post if you were looking for a funny story.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home