Friday, February 18, 2011

Photos For Our GMC Motorhome Friends

She is coming apart.

It is not showing up real good here but lots of bearing material on the pickup screen.

Number 8 and number 2 bearings are trashed.

Looks like a piece of metal got in there and just cut a path through the bearing.

Another shot.

This was dug out of an oil hole in one of the bearings, just a small piece of metal.

John has it all apart and starting the cleanup.
So, now you ask, what happened? I don't know. Bad luck I rekon. really not much use in speculating. John is still figuring on it. He has made some calls to 455 race engine builders. Should we come up with something, I will let you know. There is some "gunk" buildup on the back of all of the intake valves. Just rubs off. The intake gasket never sealed between two cylinders but that did not cause the major breakdown.
Life is still good and I get Teri back tomorrow. Can't wait. I can not take care of myself. When she is not with me it is like I am missing an arm or something as we do almost everything together.
Oh, good news. Our son is a CPA but he works for a guy in Nashville named Dave Ramsey. Ramsey teaches folks how to get out of debt and stay out of debt. Today our son and his family were on the show with Dave to announce they are no longer in debt to anyone. Pretty cool for a 36 year old father of 4 of our grandkids, if you ask me. Teri and I are proud of all of our kids but today was his special day.
Dan

1 Comments:

At February 19, 2011 at 7:38 AM , Blogger Wayne and Lisa said...

Dan, Does this mean you sre going to have your motor rebuilt? I thought Jim K was going to send another one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home