Friday, April 1, 2011

Back in the GMC Motorhome, Kingsland, Tx.



Check out this thing. I have never seen these little guys race on a dirt track. this car belongs to billie's son, Lanny B. I so wish we could be here when he starts racing this season. He has a hopped up Rabbit engine and trans mounted in the front. Before this one he raced a Karman Ghia. Straight pipe out the side. He sill be over before we leave and I get to hear it run. Who would have thought this car would make a good stock car? I think it might be a better track car than a street machine.
Teri and I left home yesterday morning at 440 am. Pulled into Kingsland about 530 pm. At Texarkana we took a run south on 59. I have always wanted to travel that road. We were not disappointed. Very pretty drive and almost all 4 lane. Speed limit is 70 mph. We jumped across 20 and caught 43 down to 79 then onto 190 to 29. Or something like that. You can see our route by looking at the tracker for yesterday. Life was good. Even the two lanes were very wide and the shoulders would have made good extra lanes. People in Tx. are mostly friendly drivers who pull over to the shoulder when you come up behind them going faster than they are. I loved that. We even did a little geocaching along the way. Found a GMC in Jonah, Tx. but did not see anyone stirring so we just took a picture and went on. Very little traffic after we got off I-30 and the 5 million semi trucks. I do not know why so many trucks use that road.
Teri had this one in no time at all. We did enjoy the drive. The speed limit is also 70 mph on most of the two lanes in Tx.
. We have been busy today. Billie had things to do in town so we tagged along with her. She sold her 2nd coach and the fella from Georgetown came over and paid her today. He is going to make a great GMC guy. I am glad we got to meet him and expect to hear from him on a regular basis.
I had my LEDs all sent here to Billie's. I went through everyone of them today to make sure all were good. We offer a lifetime warranty so I need to see every light perform before folks get them. I sell them as cheap as I can so a return will cost me money that I can't afford. These lights are great. I love them. We replaced every light in our coach with these leds. Won't ever have to buy another fluorescent tube. I love that. These lights are better than any I have seen. Warm white which is what suits my eyes. The incadescent bulbs have a yellowish color and I don't care for that or the cool white, blue, leds. These are more expensive than the offshore leds but remember, they are built in Mesa, Az, better quality of light, and a lifetime warranty. We have the display full and have some fluorescent replacements too. Hope to move some of these in Patterson next week. Can't wait for our friends to see these things. They draw so little current you will have a hard time measuring it.
Have a good weekend. More from Texas soon. Was 90 degrees here today.
Dan

2 Comments:

At April 2, 2011 at 5:49 AM , Blogger NanaDiana said...

Hi Teri & Dan,

We are new followers to your blog- John & Diana. However, I have a blog and we are Nana and MyHero there!;>) We bought a 1976 GMC in excellent condition -well, except for the orange shag carpeting! lol

We have been working on it a bit over the winter and have the carpet stripped out and we took down the woven woods (also orange and brown) because they were in such poor condition. The coach only has about 50,000 miles on it and has been stored inside for the life of it. MyHero has replaced the two exhaust manifolds and re-jetted the carbureator to accomdate today's fuels. (Quite a feat considering he is NOT a handy guy-which he freely admits);>)

We are going to replace the sink in the kitchen area because it is so shallow that even turning a faucet on causes water to splash out so we are are on the lookout for a replacement for that...and will probably also replace the sink "bowl" in the bath area too. I don't think it holds more than a couple pints of water.

We are looking forward to being able to travel with it on a more regular basis in a couple of years. Right now we are still both working but looking forward to the day coming when we can "take off".

When we get a little further along with our project we will contact you about the LED lights because we don't like the yellow incadescent ones either-nor do we like the blue/white LEDs.

We are having fun following your adventures and picking up tips. So nice to "meet" you and we are looking forward to following along ~ Kindest regards, John & Diana Kosmoksi

 
At April 2, 2011 at 6:52 PM , Blogger Gregory Birch DDS said...

Leaving today for the coast my Rt front caliper seized, (77 Birchaven) I was able to pinch the line, and open the bleeder to release pressure then limp home. Any advice on brakes?

thanks

Greg

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home