Friday, November 18, 2011

Another Geocaching Day

The weather was great so I hit the road. Ran over to Sikeston to grab a few caches that we have not picked up yet. Look at this first photo. Its hiding under the rail. If you know what to look for you can see it in this picture.

Its a good thing no local geocachers read my blog. Teri says I show too many pictures of the caches. Hey, I am proud of the fact that we can find some of these, as they are tough. Had to wait for maintenance workers to take their lunch break so I could retrieve this little guy.

This is a fun one. I had revisited two cache sites that I can't find and was a bit depressed. Then here comes this one. Got to meet a very nice shop owner here. This one, as can be seen, is inside a store. The shop owner would not give me any clues. She asked me questions to make sure I had read about this cache. She said "you will find it" and I did.

Inside the dictionary.

YMCA. My gps started throwing fits this afternoon. I did not think I was going to locate this one. Then, I slid my hand back where I thought it should be and there it was. Of course I hid it back after signing the log.

I love these. I did not even wake the frog. He spit the film cannister out while he was snoring.

I have found a few of these. I like them. Once I realized my gps was pointing the wrong way, I walked right to this one.

Way out at the end of the road. A park near the golf course. Was still early so I programmed one in that was in Charleston. A loner over there, 10 miles west of the Mississippi River.

Drove right to it. This little guy lives behind a stop sign. Could almost snatch it, like I did the first one of the day, without getting out of my car.
Looking at 10 caches northwest of here. Should the weather be right, I may head after them in the morning. Wish I had an available grandchild to go help me.
Teri's father had a setback today and had to go back into surgery. He is out now and recooping. We are praying that this does not reoccur. I know Teri is worn out after sleeping in the hospital for 2 weeks now. I am hoping she can find a regular bed soon. If her dad improves maybe she will go back over to her brother's, just across the River in the Vancouver area.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend. Come on back when you get time. I may have a few more caches for you to look at. If you have my tracker in your favorites or get an email from me, look to see where all I was today. Oh, got a new pair of Justins today. Life is good.
Dan

1 Comments:

At November 26, 2011 at 6:57 PM , Blogger April said...

But a local cacher IS reading your blog. Luckily, you're mainly finding ones I already found. Although I do have to do more true Bootheel ones!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home