Monday, November 14, 2011

Geocaching Rural Missouri

Well, some days are good and some days are better. Saturday was better and today was good. Found some caches I did not know about just 25 miles up the hiway. Thought I would jump in the vdub and chase them down. Now, we have to be stealthy sometimes so I chose not to take the bug. I knew folks would be looking at me, took the Vibe. Might as well have taken the vdub. I was feeling good after the 12 for 12 on my 150 mile run Saturday. That felling did not last long today.

Rolled right up to this one. Was right where it was supposed to be. Going to be a real good day, I thought.

Rural cemetary. I tore this place up, twice. Never did find the rascal. Just outside of Advance, Mo.

If you blow this photo up you will see a little solar light on the top of that post. Someone took the cache right out of it. Another no find.

I had to hit this place 3 times because of muggles eating their lunch in the Advance City Park. Was supposed to be in this "tunnel". Gone.

Well, let's try number 5. I found number one. Nope, someone took number 5 from its hiding place. So, let's see, 1 out of 5, not good. Time to readjust my plans. Move the geocache map out and I see a couple over in the Morley area that have been placed since Colsyn and I hit that area last year. Out across the countryside I go.

Yep, I found this one. I see the picture did not upload. Picture a black plastic container in a stump, sitting at the end of a cemetary. Had an old fella watching me so I had to be careful. 2 for 6 now.
Oh, now the picture shows up. No, I did not climb up there. Just thought it was neat.

Found another one in a very rural old cemetary. This flashlight hangs on a plastic fishing line and is not visable to anyone. I had it pulled out for the picture. Now, that's 3 for 7. Made for a much better day. It was a hundred mile run. If blogger had not removed my tracking link you could see where I was. They also took down my counter. Oh well, 3 for 7, not a bad day. Might have found more if Teri had been with me.

Hmmm, here is the picture that was supposed to be above where the red x is.

Vanduser, Mo. This place is out in the middle of nowhere. First time I have been here in 45 years. Now I remeber why.

Not a total bust. I have some fruits of my labor that the squirrels won't get.
Life is good and Tuesday is a work day, if one can call it that. Hardest part of what I am doing is getting out of bed before 7 am. The drug court and dwi court folks meet in our office early in the mornings. Not sure if they will be there tomorrow or not. I have court all day and actually look forward to it.
Thanks for your prayers on behalf of my father in law and Teri, who is in Portland with him. It has been one week since his surgery. He is progressing and the doctors are talking about where he will go for rehab now.
Maybe some more geocaching this weekend. I have 10 picked out if the weather cooperates. Today was 75 and very windy.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home