Thursday, July 10, 2008

No Pictures

I hate writing with no pictures but we left the camera in the shop tonight. We have pictures of some of today's work that Teri took. I will try to post them Thursday. Still have a few photos I would like to share with you from our trip out here last week.
The last two days have been hot here. I mean hot and humid. Missouri has nothing on this area with regard to humidity. I got way too hot this afternoon and was feeling pretty bad. It was difficult to do anything but stand in front of the fan for several minutes. Bert felt sorry for me, I guess. I told him It was just way to hot to jack the GMC up and crawl under it. So, he did it for me. I really appreciate that. Good friends are a valuable commidity. Of course I got some harrassment out of it but it was ok. I just really appreciated the help today.
We did the axle bolts and safety wired them. Last night we readied the 12 point bolts for today's task. I know of three guys losing an axle and I do not want to be the fourth. Bert has a good idea in safety wiring them. Should never back out now. I have had loose bolts in the past but never lost an axle.
This evening Bert made us two pieces of stainless material to go between the new 3 inch exhaust system and the 2 fuel tanks. This should help in keeping the heat from the pipe from warming the fuel as we go down the road or sit at a stoplight.
Teri and I have been having a great time here with our friends Bert and Fay. They work hard for a living and make quality parts for our motorhomes. Bert might make you a set of tank insulators if you give him a call.
Well, I think I will hit the sack. Teri and Sam are asleep and I am next. Bert plugged us in tonight so Teri can run the fan over the bed without running down the batteries. We will leave here Friday heading to the Coos Bay area of Oregon. I am telling you this ride up 101 is beautiful and fun to make in a motorhome. We took the same highway last year. Light houses everywhere. I promised Teri that we will stop at the ones we missed last year. Thanks for dropping by to check on us. Should have some shop photos up Thursday evening.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home