Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thanks Bill

I don't know who Bill is but I am glad that he has a cell phone. Teri was supposed to call me at 830 and wake me. I guesss she forgot. At 838 the phone rang. The lady said "Bill?" Of course I said "Bill who" and hung up. I guess she figured I was not Bill. Anyway, thanks lady, whoever you are. I might still be asleep in Tillamook if not for you.

Oh yea, this bad boy came out to say good bye. I could not get the camera set to get a good one but I hollared good bye as I drove out. If you click on these two pictures you will see the big buck in there.



Today was not the day to drive through the Portland area. When I got to Hillsboro the traffic was backed up about 3 miles. It took me 45 minutes to get up there to find out that 2 dang surveyors had the traffic slowed. I could not believe it. They not only had us tied up but a very busy interchange and the other side of the four lane also. I get mad just thinking about it so I will shut up while I can.


They were also working on the roads today. The traffic was terrible coming through Portland and across the bridge into Washington. I picked the wrong day I guess.

A shot of the tunnel.




This Stude nearly got by me. I could not get the camera to zoom. Sorry about that.


Oh yea, Mt. Hood. I was watching it for many miles then as I headed north across the bridge it changed directions on me and looked more round at the top. I finally figured out I was seeing St. Helens. It was a perfectly clear morning. Wish I had got a pic of the other mt. but I missed it.






I got this one up close. 48 or 9 Ford.





And, here is where Sam and I landed about 1130 am. 125 miles east of where we were and the most beautiful place. My cousin Sharon and her husband Allen live here. It is breath taking to look out their dining room window at the gourge. They will be home after a while to find Sam and I have made ourselves right at home.
Thanks for coming with us. We appreciated the company. Off for some blackberries now.
Dan and Sam






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home