Thursday, September 11, 2008

Almost Ready

Getting everything packed and all tied down. We hope to pull out about 6 am heading south. We have a long ways to go so an early start will be the best way to take off. We will climb Cabbage Hill in about 40 miles and then it should be fairly smooth, with only a couple short climbs on south.


Here is Teri finishing up. You can not believe what she has packed into that Vibe to take to our daughter in Az. The car is loaded. I would not let her load the bug as I want it light going over the pass. 12 miles total so will take me a while to get over it. I like to keep the transmission cool so I will watch it.


Here is Sam. She had a prime spot this afternoon as we worked. She was making sure that she could keep us in sight. She always knows when we are getting ready to leave and she plans to be right there. She also kept her eyes on passerbys, trying to convince them that she is still boss. That works ok as long as she is sitting down. Her back legs are about gone. She has lots of trouble getting around now and has for the last week. I help her out as much as I can so she is not trying too hard. She needs a shot of steroids or something I guess.
Well, yall ride along with us. Should be fun. The camera is ready and I have the laptop stand all ready so I will be live online but I will just look, no typing until we stop. We want to make Wells, Nevada by dark if we can. That will knock off 500 miles. After that I don't care if it takes a week. Should be a nice ride down Hiway 93 all the way through Nevada to Las Vegas.
Will see you when we get stopped for the night. Keep us in your prayers for an uneventful trip.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home