Monday, September 8, 2008

And, Here We Go

We had an excellent meal with Sharon and Allen last night. Their oldest son and his wife were there too. He works as a railroad engineer and she works at the roofing company, in the office. I really hated to say goodbye last night but we had to move on. I don't want to be caught here when the snow falls.
It was a great day for a 150 mile drive along the Columbia. Teri shot these photos after we crossed the river into Oregon. You can see that this area is kinda like a desert. Very dry and few trees. The left side is Washington and we are in Oregon. The little VW tows like it is not back there. I could not feel the thing. It will be a great car to tow as it is so light. The front and rear have been cut off and replaced with plastic. I bet it will not weigh 1500 lbs. No back seat either. My goal is to keep it as light as possible as we build it to our specs. Have two rear wheel cylenders ordered and will put them in tomorrow. I spotted one leaking after I drove it Saturday for 30 miles. I can attach the toad brake once I fix that.



Teri eased up to get a shot of us and the river a bit closer. The traffic was light. We left Skamania at 9 am. Stopped 3 times, and still made the 150 mile trip in 3 hours. Now, just 1500 to go and we will be parked at our winter spot, in Duncan, Az. We will stay at our daughter's again during the winter. I am certified in Az. to substitue teach so may do that. Our daughter has Teri and me jobs next weekend at the county fair. I really appreciate her doing that for us. Will be good to have some gas money to get home to Mo. on.
We are now parked at Teri's dad's in Irrigon, Or. Will be here a couple days and then we begin the long journey south through Idaho, Nevada, and Az. 1500 miles. 3 days, maybe.
Thanks for riding along with us this morning. Was a great ride.
Dan

1 Comments:

At September 8, 2008 at 8:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winter in AZ...are ya ever just gonna come home and stay a while?
Can't wait to see ya! Even if it is short lived!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home