Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Heading South on Friday

Well, Teri came in and told me that we leave Irrigon on Friday. She and her father were gone to Walla Walla all day. I hung around here and got the gps all set for the begining leg of our 1500 mile journey. Checked a few things on the coach. Will finish that up tomorrow, along with looking over both cars. Sam took advantage of the sun and spent a good part of the day lying out in Ken's nice thick green grass. I hope to get out of here as early as we can Friday. We have a long upward grade to climb about 40 miles east of here. Cabbage Hill. All total it is about a 12 mile climb. Grades are from 2 to 6%. Should not be a problem for the motorhome and VW the way we have it set up. I have gauges to monitor everything including two for the transmission temp. I always keep my eye on the transmission when going up hill. Lots of motorhomes overheat the transmissions and, if not careful, catch fire. I like to keep the temp as cool as possible. We have 2 coolers on the transmission as well as two for the engine oil. Heat is the enemy for a big vehicle like a motorhome. I guess it is also the enemy of small vehicles like VWs. Seems mine got hot climbing that mountain and "popped". I got gauges in it now too to keep an eye on the temps. So, make sure you ride along with us beginning Friday morning. We will be on the road 3 or 4 days. Taking 2 lane 93 all the way through Nevada to Las Vegas where we will jump on 95 and cross the Colorado River at Parker into Az. It will be all smooth sailing from there.
Lipstick on a pig. Ain't that something? I am no supporter of Obama but I have problems with the Republicans getting all upset over his statement. I never thought he was remarking about the VP candidate. It really never crossed my mind. I don't think he was even close to saying anything about the VP candidate. Oh well, folks need something to keep the campaigns "sparked up" I guess. The news folks keep the fire fueled as long as they can.
Sam and I are sitting here eating our nightly snack, Dollar Tree Trailmix. She thinks I get too much and feed her too little. Imagine that.
Talked with one of my daughters tonight. She is heading to Minneapolis in the morning. She is an Arbonne consultant and I guess she is driving the new Mercedes that they gave her. I thought sure whe would fly. It is about 600 miles up there from Dexter. She is only 29 so she will have plenty of energy.
Teri and I are working the Greenlee County Fair next weekend. We need the gas money for sure. One of our other daughters lined us up with the employment. Should be fun. I love working with Teri.
Have a good evening and keep the notes coming.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home