Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bug on the Road

Here is a shot of Skamania, Wa. Big place. This is the one and only hangout here. Early morning folks get their coffee and breakfast here. News from the area is learned and processed right here while folks come in daily for a few groceries. Kinda like back in the 60's in rural America. Nice little store. Stop in when you go by. Right on hiway 14.



Ok, here ya go. Finished the bug this morning and drove it back to the coach, here at Sharon and Allen's this evening. Ran like it had a new engine. Took all of the climbs in high gear. Steering was good. I will get this thing like I want it yet. All of the engine is new and so is most of the electrical wiring. Everything works. I like that. I want everything working on all of my vehicles. If it came with it then it should work, that is my thinking. The blinkers blink and the horn honks. Lets face it, a 1961 VW did not come with a whole lot so was not too hard to get it working, ha.



Here is the main man. My brother in law, Teri's brother Dennis. Without him and his tools I would be stuck with a broken bug. He taught me a lot about Volkswagens. Even while he was off in Albq. NM. for two weeks I was picking his brain. Dennis was always optimistic and kept right on going, no matter what problem we ran into. I am so glad he is a VW man. But, look what he is standing next to, yep a 1968 Mustang. He got it last year for his birthday from his wife. It is a real solid car too. I hope next year I can help him with work on it. Was VW time this year. Mustang work will be on my agenda when we get back. He cooked out today for us and several family members. We had a great lunch then about 3 Teri and I took off for the coach.The bug did great. Thanks Dennis.
Got back here and visited with Allen and Sharon, along with Allen's sister, for a couple of hours. This is one gorgeous place that we have been fortunate to visit. If you look at the picture with the bug and motorhome you can see the Oregon side of the gorge. What a site. There were little airplanes flying all afternoon up and down the river. Was a great day for sitting in the back yard watching the planes and live birds just soar through the air above the river. I hate to leave but we will pull out of here Monday morning heading over to Irrigon, Or. for a couple days. Then we plan to start the long trip back to Az.
Thanks for the visit. See you again soon.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home