Monday, September 15, 2008

Arizona

Check ou tthat grasshopper. I had to put that in. They are everywhere here in Duncan, Az. Several colors on them and they are big enuff to fry up.



Well, we took off before sun up again. We had been on the road 15 minutes when I took this shot, just out of Parker.


Bouse, Az. Lot of snowbirds come here in winter.
I have read about it for years. My first visit. Looks like a ghost town right now. I do think I saw Wyatt Earp walking into one of those buildings.













Look at the old Ford on the trailer. This was just as we were coming into Phoenix.







Here is a Chrysler convert. It was slick. In Phoenix.











Here is as close as I wanted to get to down town Phoenix. Why is there so much traffic here at 930 am on a Monday? I have no clue but the hiways were packed tight.




This one was moving about 65 mph. It is a Smart Car being towed by a new smaller Chrysler class A motorhome. Answered my question as to whether or not these could be towed. Two old folks in the coach. These cars are very small. Much smaller than the VW bug. Advertized fuel mileage is very poor for such a small vehicle.








Back to the land of the cowboy cactus, just east of Globe.












I can not believe how green it is here for Sept. They have had an unusual amount of rain this summer. Water is running in the Gila river.










Passed two of these with license plates on them. Running about 50 mph. Looks like motorcycle tags. I don't think Mo. allows that.
It was a good day to drive 350 miles across the state of Az. It was hot until we climbed the hill at Superior. At 4400 ft. it cooled right off and stayed cool the rest of the trip. I was fixing to fire up the Onan and run the roof air when the temperature dropped about 25 degrees. Felt good. It was windy from Globe on over but the lower temps felt good. We have been in hundred degree heat for 3 days. I can take the wind with not problem compared to the heat. 7 hours and 350 miles. Not too bad. the coach drove great as always. I always hate to park. It is so much fun to drive the thing. Rides like an airplane with the air suspension and will basically steer itself.
Thanks for coming along. I think it is about supper time so I better get in the house. Loved seeing those three grandkids get off that bus and come running this afternoon.
Dan










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home