Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hot in California on the Colorado River

Oh yea, it is hot here in September. We turned on the air for the first time in a year. It blew dust in my eyes.
Here are some pictures from our sight seeing today.










Look how pretty it is on the Colorado, but hot. We have gone through here a few times but never got to enjoy it. This time I wanted to rest up and visit the area. Teri said ok.


Parker Dam. We got to drive across it. The Colorado River seperates California from Arizona here.






Look at those rugged mountains. I mean they are very rugged. I bet only rattle snakes live up there.



Here was the reason for our stay, I wanted to see this bridge. It is something. You can see where they put the pieces back together. Really neat.
















We crossed it into California. I did not know they had it fixed to drive on.















A light pole on the bridge.










This guy was so fast that he nearly drove right out of the picture. He was getting it on too. Look at the slicks on this thing.











I guess I am weak when I see these old cars, got to have a picture.












A little fuzzy but really a good shot for passing by at 65 mph. Teri took it for me.














Playing on the water right behind our coach. These folks love the water. I don't blame them. If I lived around here I would do it too because it is about the only way to cool off.













Three bridges as we see them from the back of our coach.















I wonder whose good looking motorhome that is parked under, what they call a tree here. Looks good but dirty. the owner must be a bit lazy. Teri has her car backed in there beside it. That Vibe is so loaded down it looks like we lowered the thing 2 inches. rides like it too.
So, there you have the fun part of our day. With fun comes work. We could not dump our black tank, nothing would come out with everything open. Have you ever wondered what the inside of a black tank looks like. Well, I will wonder no more. Lets just say I got the broken valve open. What a relief, ha. I was sweating that. It wanted to go but was blocked. So, I gave it an inema, you might say.
Hope all had a great weekend. We are about the only ones left here tonight. Folks had to get back to work and left this afternoon. Lots of Los Angeles folks come here. We will leave around daylight again to beat all of the heat that we can. Heat is hard on vehicles, especially big ones like the GMC. If we can get through Phoenix and over the mountain at Superior and GLobe by noon I will feel really good. We hope to be at our daughter's when they get home from school on Monday. I will let you know if we made it.
Dan














0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home