Monday, January 19, 2009

An Afternoon in California

I bet these kids' parents are really proud of the way they dress. The dude looked like a banny rooster. Oh well.


Just a few pictures of our ride over to Blythe today. Pretty much wasted trip but we can say we traveled into California I guess. No real stores there to speak of. They have an Albertson's with the prices sky high. A K-mart with no groceries. No competition going on in that little town. Came back and went to Family Dollar in Quartzsite for Cokes. Blythe does have a Dollar Tree.





The men at the port of entry just waved everyone though today.

















The sunset last evening was nice. Thought I would share it with you.
I do not understand it but Saturday was opening day for the rv show in Quartzsite. Traffic was very light. Today, Monday, Teri and I were backed up over 2 miles on 95 south trying to get to I-10. I guess folks waited until today to show up. It was a mess. When we came back I drove all the way to the east side and bypassed a mile of stopped traffic that we could see on the west exit. I have learned that the traffic is minimal at the east entrance/exit of I-10. We will wait a day or two and then head back into Quartzsite to pick up any missed bargains. Since we are 5 miles south of town we can't just walk over and across the road to the area now like we did over the weekend.
Hope everyone's Monday was a good one. We have a big campfire to attend in a little while.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home