Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Great Day for a Drive

And, it was a good thing. I was having so much fun piloting the GMC that it took me ten miles to realize that I was driving down the wrong road. Got it turned around and off we went, to Quartzsite.
Teri went to the little post off ice this morning while I got lp, before leaving Bouse. We really hated leaving our friends up in Bouse but needed to get down here before the roads get busy. We are at a GMC gathering now with some old friends that we have met along the way.



I am glad I am not riding that bike. It got up to 84 degrees today. Was sweating doing nothing. I am hoping for cooler days.

Just a few shots along our way today. I did not get up early so it was noon when we left our camp.















So, we now have arrived. Our first evening as an rver in Quartzsite, the winter rv capitol of the world. Will grab a few more pictures before the sun drops. We have a campfire circled with GMC coaches. I am no campfire guy but Teri enjoys them. We filled up the coach before we parked. They say Friday that the line on the hiway will be 2 miles. We are close enough that we can walk to town and that is what I plan to do. When the big tent opens Saturday this place is busy, I am told.
Thanks for riding down with us. Sorry about taking the wrong road. But, it was a nice day for a ride and no other vehicle rides or drives like a well tuned GMC motorhome.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home