Sunday, January 18, 2009

Quartzfest 2009

Teri and I attended church services this morning at the church of Christ here in Quartzsite. There were about 150 of us, mostly all visitors to the area for the winter.

We hit a few of the flea markets on our way back and then went back to the big tent. Teri found some kind of cooking apparatus for 40 bux that was to die for. We got it. When she is happy I am happy. Both of us were happy. There is a lot of junk out here for sale. I guess it is for some folks but I don't need anything like that. My garage is full of it now. We are looking for a small one burner lp stove top cooker to replace out two burner. The one we have takes up a lot of space when stored and Teri only uses one so we are looking. Have not found anything like what we want here. May be an ebay item. The prices on led lights are way too high out here. I don't really need anymore but would make purchases if I found them at reasonable prices. Not out here.

The old timers say the crowd is way down. I would not know. I do know that one can drive anywhere without too much delay. We had no problems today and even parked our car at the big tent at noon today.

Our friend Bob de K. came by and visited Teri and I just before we moved the coach. Was nice of him to look us up as he traveled through in his car. After Bob left we started up the GMC and headed to mm 99, about 4 miles south of town. We stopped and unloaded waste and took on some water and were here by 3 pm. We have a nice spot. We parked a little ways from the main activity area. We are between two other coaches but the spacing is wide here. It is not near as dusty down here. More like gravel than sand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home