Saturday, January 17, 2009

RV Bargain of the Day in Quartzsite, Opening Day

Oh yea, the rainbow folks are here. Aren't they everywhere? This bus was looking for some of their tribe that might need help I rekon.


The crowd was a real mess. It got worse the deeper we got into the tent. Just a real mess. I could not get through there fast enough. Teri was hanging onto my back pocket or my hand all the way. If we had gotten seperated there is no way we would have found each other. Just look at the pictures.


































Folks, here was the only bargain I saw inside the big tent. This is a brand new Wave 6. The factory rep is selling them for 45 bux. The 8 was 60 dollars and the smaller 3 is 35 smakeroos. These are not rebuilds either, factory fresh. He told me they are changing models and told him to get rid of these. So, he is getting rid of them alright. My 2 friends, Steve and John told me about them so I was looking hard. The booth was almost the last one inside as we traveled through. I feel lucky that we got one. This may replace our Mr. Buddy. Will see how it does. We have already tested it and it works fine. We can mount it permantly under our pantry door. These catalytic heater pads have to be covered when not in use so we will do that. Do not want to buy one. We used a friend's last winter that had not been covered. The pad was so far gone that we realized no heat from it.
So, there you have it. One bargain in the whole tent. Every GMCer parked with us grabbed one also.
Well, back I go, but to a different side of town. I have seen all I need to see in the tent for today. I was told the numbers for opening day are down but you could not prove it by me. Look at the people in my pictures. It was closer than elbow to elbow.
Ketch you this evening. Got to hunt more bargains.
Dan






2 Comments:

At January 17, 2009 at 10:39 AM , Blogger Donna McNicol said...

I used a pillowcase to keep my Wave6 covered...works great!

 
At January 17, 2009 at 10:46 AM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Thanks Donna, that is an excellent idea.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home