Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First Time Quartzsiters

My best friend in the whole world.


Yesterday afternoon Teri and I walked out in the desert. I took a few shots.
I don't know how this cactus got on here twice.










This morning we took off for Quartzsite. Look who we found. I could not find Rice Ranch. Seems to me it used to be on the north side of I-10. Well, now it is on the south side. We had ridden around and stopped at a couple of places and were heading back to the rig when I spotted these guys out of the corner of my eye. so, Wednesday we will join them. They are here earlier than we thought they would be.



Our friends talked us into following them back into Quartzsite this afernoon and we checked out a few more places.







This is what you see everywhere you look.



I love buses.










More of the same.






Here is where the action is. I am excited to finally get to experience Quartzsite in January.























































Man, I can not wait to get back in there and go at it. Junk everywhere. I got a new flashlite today and Teri got new books. We are so excited to find our friends Bert and Fay Curtis along with several others, Jack and Len and more. We will park with them Wednesday and enjoy their company for a few days. I think they are leaving next week so we may head back out into the desert for a few more days of real boondocking. Have not touched the generator. The solar keeps us up to snuff, even in the wintertime. The charge is a lot slower with the sun so far south but we still get charged up. Just takes all day. We use our power after dark watching tv and using the laptops. The led lites draw so little power that they do not even register on my meter. If I had the panels tilted we could charge up much quicker. Camping the way we do there is really no need to tilt them. Should we come back out here in the winter months I will fix the large one to tilt.
We ran down to mile marker 99 where the hams are camped. Their festivites start Sunday so I may head down there for a few days. Can you tell that I am excited? Wow, this is great. I feel like a little kid going to the toy factory. I hope you enjoy hanging with us. This is some place every rver needs to experience at least one time. We may be back.
So, come with us and I will keep you entertained. If I am not funny enough, well, we have Bert Cutis. He is always a barrel of laughs.
See you Wednesday,
Dan

3 Comments:

At January 14, 2009 at 7:46 AM , Blogger carl s said...

Dan,
That looks like a blast! This morning while we were getting ready to go to work, Kathy said "I'm jealous of those people at the rally" I replied, "you mean the retired ones?" She said "yes" I asked "even the ones who are boondocking in the desert for two weeks" "even them".
I camp on BLM land to the south of you when we go to the dunes but they charge an exorbitant rate, even for un-improved camping areas.
Have fun,
Carl s

 
At January 14, 2009 at 11:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, what kind of ham rig are you running? Do you have one in the GMC? I used to run my IC706 in mine, with an SGC tuner/whip strapped to the spare tire. On the bus, I use the same setup, but I have the SGC inside and the whip/base is detached and mounted just thru the wall. My Icom is at the factory. It died. Should have it back soon. Your pix are great, especially that 4106 in the picture. Larry Nelson-Springfield, MO WB0JOT

 
At January 14, 2009 at 1:35 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Yea Larry. I have my TS-50 in the coach with a hustler and automatic tuner. Going to put one of my Scredrivers on here one of these days. There is a hamfest down the road starting Sunday. I will mosey off down that way and see what is going on. Posed to be 200 rigs show up this weekend.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home