Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Ripped Off


Wow, I took the GMC for LP this morning. 4 bux a gallon. What is up with that? Was only 3.50 last winter. Someone email me and tell me that 2 bux is what it is going for everywhere else. We can not afford LP at those prices. I had her stop at 10 gallons but was 40 bux. Dog gone. The owner is ripping us bad because he can. There is no other lp for 40 miles each way. When we come back I will ask our son in law if we can take his 2 30 gallon tanks to Safford and fill them there. What a deal. I still can not believe it. Gasoline is running 165-175 in town. They get 2 bux. I am sure they do not sell much of that as there is a quick shop just back in Duncan with gasoline for 175. I filled the car yesterday, in Safford, for 1.62. It went up a couple of cents while I was shopping. Oh well. Just gets under my skin.
Been trying to upload a picture but the blog won't take it. I guess they are having problems. I have noticed that I can not click the pictures and get them to "full size". Are yall having that problem? Someone let me know. I may have to resize them differently if everyone is having the same problem.
Teri went with me to fill up the LP tank and we hit a car wash on way back. All we could do was knock some of the grime off. We came home and used windex to help it out. I then polished the thing between the roof and the beltline. It looks pretty good now and is at least presentable. I hate dirty rigs. Teri has really been working on the inside and has it looking good. We can be ready to travel in just a few minutes now. The GMC should run good as it is full of the expensive gasoline from back in Sept. I think I paid 3.90 for it. Hope it runs ok on the cheap stuff, ha.
The blog is still broke as I can't upload the picture. Wanted to show off the GMC with its shine. Oh well, that will wait. I polished it while Teri walked her 3 miles. She was not into polishing. Can't say that I blame her.
Teri and I are scheduled to take the census taker's test tomorrow morning, over in Safford. I will have to rise n shine early. 10 am is about my normal time to rise as I stay up til 1 or 2 am. I will just have to hit the sack earlier tonight.
Was about 6 or 7 miles to the "ripoff" store. The GMC drove like a dream. I knew it would. I love driving this thing. It drives better than any vehicle I have ever had. The ride is just awesome.
I see the market was down 245 today. I hope she heads back up. These down days are not good. Will really hinder Teri and me. One reason for the census taking. We can put some cash into our coffer.
Hope everyone had a good day. Was up to 70 here again. Kept burning my hand while polishing the south side of the coach. Thanks for dropping by and let me know about the price of LP and whether or not you have trouble clicking the pictures.
Dan
Finally got the picture to upload. Look how she shines and is ready to hit the road.

3 Comments:

At January 7, 2009 at 6:10 PM , Blogger otis1941 said...

your picture's upsize ok in alaska

 
At January 7, 2009 at 7:17 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Thanks Otis. I also got emails saying the pictures are working. I don't know why I can not click them up. Glad its working.
Dan

 
At January 8, 2009 at 7:00 AM , Blogger GMF said...

an
I have a 100 gallon tank here at the house. In Dec they filled and they charged 4.75 a gallon. I called and told them to come and pump it out and take their tank and they dropped the price to 2.50. Then I got a letter dated two days later and they are charging me 72.00 a year for tank rental. Rip off, talk about an industry that needs some regulation.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home