Thursday, January 8, 2009

On the Move Again

Teri and I got up early and headed over to Safford. We were to be there at 10 am to take the census taker's test. Of course we arrived early, like 920 am. We sat out in the parking lot until they opened the door at 945 am and went in. You can only imagine what some of the folks look like who need work. The test was a tricky one, checking to see if one could follow instructions. I promise you that there were some in there that will certainly have problems with that. I was laughing under my breath at some of the stuff going on by some folks. Oh well, better chance that Teri and I get a call to work. The pay out here is 13-16 bux an hour plus mileage. Not bad for a temporary part time job.
We got back to Duncan about 130 pm and went to work. We want to be able to get out of here, with little to do, in the morning. I will turn off lp and unplug the electric and we are off. The car got washed and the hookups are ready so we can be towing in a couple of minutes. Teri is a great helper. She knows good hand directions when I am parking the coach. She knows how to hook up everything in the car so we can tow. Actually she can do just about anything including piloting the GMC. Today though she did all of the work inside, including washing our clothes, and I took care of the outside stuff. Teri has everything in here in very good order and "tied down" for travel. I needed her help a couple of times while I was cleaning the battery connections. They were corroded pretty bad and you could not see it until I got them off. We need clean connections next week, for sure, as we will be totally dependant on solar charging for power. Dirty connections equals poor charging of the house batteries.
We are now having a beautiful sunset. It is dropping down below the mountain just west of us. No picture though. I have posted several sunset photos already.
Thanks for the comments and emails. I am glad the pictures are working for everyone, but me. Don't know why I can not get them to enlarge. Was nearly impossible to get the picture of the clean GMC up yesterday. Finally got it to load after we got in from Bible Study.
We are driving over to Pinal County Fairgrounds, near Casa Grande, in the morning. I think it is about 160 miles. We will not be in a hurry. Should get there around noon or so. Of course that depends on what time I can get up. Two early mornings in a row may be tough on me, ha. We are attending a GMC club rally. We plan to leave there Sunday, after church, and head west. There will be a nice car show Saturday so look for pictures. I love good looking vehicles. there is also a fiddler's gathering there. Not much into that but will check it out just the same. I believe there is a flea market also going on. So, come along with Teri and me. Something for everyone.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home