Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Over the Mountain and Back

Teri was gone to Tucson with our daughter today so I went over the mountain and into Safford. I had a list from Teri plus a few things I needed and was able to pick most of them up.
I had spare time so I took off out across the mountains on a side road. Here is one of the pictures I took.

There are 3 or 4 of these markers on our way to Safford. I have never taken the time to stop and look at them. Today, I did. They are markers, put up several years ago, remembering early settlers who were killed by Indians. Blow this picture up and see if you can read it. I think it is neat but someone has shot holes in some of them with guns. I hate that. I can see indians hiding behind these mountains as I travel the road into Safford. It looks like they could come riding out anytime. The only indians I saw today were in Walmart.




I often get questions about how we can dry camp for long periods of time. Here are a couple of reasons. These are led lights that I have put into regular 12 volt light sockets. This one is a 36 led light. I have had it for 2 years. I have another one just like it in our outside light beside the door. It gives plenty of light to read and to see the keyboard on my laptop. I put this one up Sunday just over the main living area. The amp meter does not even register when I turn them on.

Here is the light in our hallway. It has two sockets. I installed a more directional light here. One shines toward the front of the coach and the other shines toward the bedroom. Also lighting up the hall way very well.




While directional these two bulbs have lights all the way around them so they shine in different directions. I installed them a year or so ago. All of these are about 10 bux each if you shop around. There are 18 lights in these two. I have a 12 light led in the bedroom under the cabinet over our head. Teri uses it for reading.



I hope this photo shows how I have vented the gas on demand shower. It is approximately 4-5 inches from the 14 inch Fantastic Vent fan. This is a reversable fan and we crack it just enough to come on, sucking the fumes out. It easily does this on the low speed. We have a co2 alarm just outside the bath door. A side note, this Fantastic Vent is perfect for the GMC bath. We never need a light in here any longer unless it is dark outside. It fits perfectly in here and I am glad we did this.
That is about it from here. Just got dark outside. Weather was great T shirt weather. We are going to run the GMC out for lp Wednesday and then wash it at the local carwash. I have been a good husband today and vacuumed the coach while Teri has been away. Hope everyone had a great day. Visit us often.
Dan


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home