Saturday, January 10, 2009

Beautiful January Day

All of the pictures got scrambled when I uploaded this. See if you can guess which caption goes with which picture.
What a day we had. Here we are eating breakfast. You can see it was a bit nippy here at 8 am.



Now, here is what it looked like before.




Here it is cooked. An omlet cooked in a baggy, dropped into boiling water. Great.



We had a tractor pull today. Had to include this one. My first tractor was one just like this.
I plowed 80 acres with a two row cultivater on one of these.






Now, what is unique about this Pontiac? Let me know what you think it is.



I had to include this Ford engine for you old timers. I had one of these with 2 dueces.







For you Olds guys.




Mopar









I owned one of these lead sleds too, 55 hardtop Pontiac.








Lots of these here.













Slick pickup.








How do you like this panel?











Look close. There is something that gives this thing away. It is not a "sleeper".













Who does not like 57 Ford sedans? Look close at this one too. It can go fast and you will know it when you click up the foto.














Now, what, besides the rust, is different about this old rig?
















I think this was a 27 Ford.



















I never liked these. They ride very rough.















Another big bad Mopar. this one is a Plymouth and goes "beep beep".



















Another sweet pickup.

















Look at this Crown.



















John Deere Trike. I saw him riding it down the hiway at about 45 mph, tractor engine.




















These are some big ponies. They were getting a shower when I saw them.
























This is one bad cat. Click it up for a close look. Not your average house cat. I suspect most dogs on your block would run from this baby.








I hope I posted a vehicle that you like. I tried to get one of each. There were 3 Mustangs but none of them warranted a picture. Kinda wavy down the sides, if you know what I mean.
It was a great day and we had lots of fun. Lots of music going on as it is a blue grass festival weekend here at the Pinal County Fairgrounds. We had a live 60's group on stage for a while singing to a machine of music. They were pretty good.
It has been a great weekend rally here. We have enjoyed seeing our friends and catching up on stories. Many of these folks live up north, like Canada, and winter here. There are some younger couples showing up. Teri and I are not the youngest here, I don't think. We had a few locals stop by to see all of the GMC coaches. You missed a good day if you are a local and did not come by.
Ride along with Teri and me Sunday after church. We are heading to Bouse, Az. Will be a great time there.
Dan











0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home