Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hanging Out in Quartzsite

This morning Teri wanted to go into town and wash our clothes. I got her to drop our friend, Fred, and me off at the big tent. As you can see, there was no crowd this morning. We walked around until noon. Very few folks. It looks to me the only item selling a lot is the led lights. Several of the vendors were sold out today. I guess folks are tired of waking up to dead batteries in their rvs. This won't completely cure that problem but it will help. I can turn all of our led lights on in here,6, and not see my Trimetric meter move one tenth. The bulbs really eat up the batteries. I also suspect that most rvers don't have their solar panels set up properly either. We are not tilting our panels but we were fully charged at 4 pm today. I was only 30 amp hours in the hole from last night. The night before we ran them down 50 plus hours and I did use the little kipor to get a full charge. I will fix the big panel to tilt if we come back here next winter. It really makes a big difference in the winter.





You can see the crowd at the main gate of the big tent was non existant this morning. Hopefully there were more this afternoon.


We had a session on geocashing, however you spell it, this afternoon. Here is our instructor as he was teaching us a few things before the hunt. He lives in an old converted Superior bus. Teri went with our friend Fred to find the treasures. We do not have a handheld gps yet. I was tired and Fred was kind enough to let Teri learn from him. He does this a lot and knows how it works. I think Teri and I will get a handheld gps and start playing this game.





We have had a lot of new rvers show up today. I will get some pictures of their antenna mounts on here in a day or two. Lots of great ideas. This coach is serious about solar. The front one is not a solar panel but a water heater. He has 1 kw of solar on his roof.
Well, that's about it for now. The campfire will begin shortly. Teri and I enjoy meeting new folks so we do go over to the fire in the evenings. Tonite will be a little jam session. I left my guitar at home. Too bad for me but good for the audience.
Check back soon. We will have more as we can learn it.
Dan and Teri

3 Comments:

At January 20, 2009 at 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Antenna mounts? Yes, now you are talkin' Dan.

 
At January 21, 2009 at 10:05 AM , Blogger Donna McNicol said...

That's Doc's motorhome...he's one of the Boondockers BOF who helped me set up the requirements for MY solar. He's a great guy with a ton of knowledge...if you stop in and introduce yourself, tell him Froggi Donna sent you!

 
At January 21, 2009 at 4:48 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Donna, I told Doc that you and I are friends. He smiled and talked about the solar setup he and someone helped you figure out.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home