Thursday, January 22, 2009

Making New Friends

Teri did edit my antenna mount photos for me today and I hope to get them up Friday.
We have been having too much fun to get the pictures up today. Early this morning we ran into town for gas in the Kipor, diet Cokes, hit the post office and grabbed a couple of bags oaf ice. It seems that around 11 am the traffic gets bad. By 1 pm it is gone. There are a lot of folks out here and I guess everyone wants to enter Quartzsite about 11 am. Friday Teri and I plan to hit the flea market by 9 am and be back here by noon. Want to make one last pass on all of the junk. There are still a couple of items I would like to pick up. We found a fella selling the type of insulation that we use in the GMC for about half price compared to normal retailers. We will get that and a couple of other small things.
Today has been a good day. This afternoon one of our new friends, Ron, showed me through his 45 ft Prevost that he is converting. He is a super guy and very good when it comes to detail. It easy to see that he is a retired USAF fighter pilot by his attention to detail. Ron came over and visited with Teri and me in the GMC after giving me the tour. We had a very good visit and I hope we remain in touch with each other after departing from here.
Tonight, after a little shower of rain, Teri and I went to the main campfire as we do every eveing. There were no ladies there so I took Teri to another group having a fire in front of Roger's fifth wheel. We met new friends there and I worked hard to gain summertime employment at an ice cream parlor in Canada. Dale, one of our new found friends, owns it and has it open during the summer months. I will take my first week's wages in product. After that I will need money, ha. So many nice people live and/or travel in rvs. Such a great experience. We love the GMC because it takes us to meet so many nice folks.
I have not mentioned it but we do not have Sam anymore. She is in Dog heaven and it was tough. I have been playing with every dog out here. They all know me now and start hollaring as soon as they smell that I am in the area. I have had such fun playing with other folk's dogs. Enough on that subject.
So, I promise to get the antenna pictures up on Friday. I will set aside time in the afternoon to take care of that. Please come back by. We love friends and enjoy making new ones. We can never have too many friends. We learn so much about where to go and what to see by visiting with others who have traveled that road. Tonight Dale and I discussed good free spots along the west coast to park for a night or two. We still use freecampgrounds.com but visiting with folks is the best way to find them.
Friday will be a big day. We continue to have new arrivals everyday but some are leaving tomorrow. Saturday is the ham flea market and I want to be here for that. I am thinking we will pull out of here Monday. We want to attend church services again here Sunday. Hope everyone has a great Friday. Dan

2 Comments:

At January 23, 2009 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Donna McNicol said...

Tell Ron I said HI and tell Teri to give him a hug from me....hee-hee!

 
At January 23, 2009 at 4:37 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Ron is a super guy. I will let Teri give him a hug for you.
Dan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home