Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rolling Up the Sidewalks in Quartzsite, Az.






















Just a few photos I wanted to share with my friends. Look close at the first one and you will see the rainbow behind me. Our friend Bob is standing inside our coach. We appreciated him stopping by to visit with us. The little sign out front where we attended church services while here. Doug on the roof mounting his new solar panel while I shouted instructions to him. Frank, Bill's 14 year old dog. A little ranchero that a fella is using as a toad.
It is Sunday evening here. The RV show is over. Folks are taking down their rv related tents and displays. The streets are bare. Kinda sad that it is all over for another year. It was a bit dissappointing to me as there were not a lot of nice rv related booths. Lots of Chinese junk, of which we did partake a little. Today I picked up a 4 ton hydraulic jack for the VW for 2 bux. Brand new and straight from China. I suppose lots of the vendors hang around all winter with their rocks and "antiques". Next week the car show begins so I guess there will be automotive vendors here. I would like to hang around for it but Teri says no. If the wind lays tonight we will leave tomorrow. This is the first windy day that we have had. I am not leaving if it is windy Monday. We will be driving on I-10 and 8. Do not want to be blown all over both lanes.
We had lots of friends here that we got to visit with. Len and Betty came this afternoon for a very nice visit. Many of our now friends, we did not know a week ago. One of the things we love about rving. We meet new friends on every trip. Many of them we will maintain contact with for years to come.
So, there you have it. We have been out in the desert for 2 whole weeks now. I really enjoy living off the grid, it is FREE. If you have ever wanted to visit this area in the winter, do it. I do hope that we have given you a little glimpse of what actually goes on out here. We do hope to come back, but, if we don't, we certainly have made some memories that will last us a lifetime.
We really appreciate you guys hanging with us here. Back east we go now. Ride along with us.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home