Friday, January 23, 2009

Weak Sales in Quartzsite 2009

While I have not been here before I have heard several vendors talking about slow sales. They said lots of lookers but few are spending money. Again this morning Teri and I, along with our friend Fred, walked the big tent area and the flea market areas. We spent 3 1/2 hours there this morning. There were very few folks walking with us. I got to hear several vendors talking amongst themselves about the slow season. No one spending money. That certainly fit us but we saw little to spend it on. Lot of chinese "trinkets" if you ask me. Very little RV stuff, even in the big tent. I was very disappointed in what was offered for sale here. I do not know if it has always been this way or not. I rather doubt it. I hope there were lots of rv sales made but I saw very few potential buyers and lots of salesmen just sitting in their golf carts, 3 at a time on many carts. I could buy what I saw here in a lot of 5 and 10 cent stores, now known as the Dollar Tree. I suspect the vendors inside the big tent were paying high rent because all of their prices were a good bit more than those on the outside. We bought a 10 dollar Camping World collapsable stool for 6 dollars outside. Inside the tent they were 11 and 12 dollars. I saw no new items. Vendors blame the potential buyers. I kinda think it was what was offered. At least that is why I spent very little. I would certainly not return here for the "rv show". It will be because we love people and enjoy meeting new friends while we return to be with the ones that we met here this year. We have really enjoyed parking here with the other hams. We were not even sure that we would move down here as we knew absolutly no one here. Now we know most of the 200 plus hams, or at least have introduced ourselves to many of them. As always, it seems that it is not the places we go but the people we meet when we get there that make our trips so enjoyable.
Thanks for coming over today. We will be here a couple of more days so check back and see what is happening here at mile marker 99. Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home