Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sierra Vista, Arizona

Up and out at 9 am. That is pretty good for me. We hit the dump station just right. No wait and on the road by 930 am. We met all of the "late comers" heading to dump as we left. I am sure glad I can rise early when I need to.


Quartzsite had no customers this morning when we rolled through. Look at this vendor row, empty.

We were on I-10 heading east at 930 am.




We were not alone. The cops were working hard today. They were everywhere. All of the heavy traffic was in the west bound lanes. We had very little traffic in our lanes, all day long.



Teri snapped some interesting shots as we traveled along.






These tractors were at a truckstop where we bought fuel in Gila Bend.




Coming into Tucson. The traffic was not bad at 130, even in the messy construction zone.













This is all that the indians left, just the wagons. Even the horses were gone.






















The Border Patorl is busy down here on the border.













Look close and you will see the tethered miniature blimp. The gov't has these all along the border watching for the illegals that cross over and head north. This one is right out in front of Steve and Nancy's home, where we are tonight.
Well, thanks for riding along. You helped the coach stay steady. It liked the extra weight. Was about 330-40 miles. We arrived about 4. Was just a real nice day for a short ride in the coach. The sun shined all day and the wind was minimal compared to yesterday. Steve and I have a couple of chores to get done tomorrow. I really appreciate him helping me do some stuff that I can't do. Most GMC folks are extra nice and want to go the extra mile. I hope folks find us to be the same. So, will catch up with you guys later. Got to get to bed early so I can get going early. I should sleep good after the great Mexican meal that Steve and Nancy treated us to.
Dan

1 Comments:

At January 28, 2009 at 3:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dan;
Thanks for all the pictures from Quartz.
Plan on going full time by the end of this year.
Not really sure if I would like places with no water.(28 years in Florida 40 in Michigan)
Tony

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home