Friday, May 22, 2009

100 Mile Yard Sale

Look at this bad boy. He fights possums, and wins. One of his ears really had a bad spot on it where one of his sparring partners got hold of him the other night. My kind of cat, one that can keep all of the dogs run off. This guy belongs to my cousin's son. He picked him up over near Branson. Was just a homeless fella. Apparently he is a cross between some kind of European wild cat and an domestic cat. He has some broad shoulders on him and just walks around like he is the boss. That nose says he is a scrapper, fat and flat. He has some jaws on him too. Wish I had gotten a better picture. I am no fan of cats but this one could hang out at my place anytime.
I hope you can read this sign. The hiway department has them all up and down Hiway 25, a major route through here. Memorial Day weekend is what they call the 100 Mile Yard Sale.


Look at this mess of traffic. Motorhomes, trailers, and tents are everywhere. Folks rent out their hiway frontage to the yard salers.



More of the same. It is rediculous. There are normally several wrecks this weekend.





Just a few vendors. Folks are cooking bbq for sandwiches everywhere. Smelled good.





It is like you are meeting a funeral procession.





Oh yea, my picture of the day.

I did finish the garage door. Got the windows scraped this afternoon. Hope that paint lasts til we decide to purchase a new vinal door. Got close to 90 degrees here again today.
Don't know much else. Still working on the door hinge pin. That thing is about to beat me. No one in town will mess with it either. We will see. I heated it today and still nothing.
So, just another Friday in a retired guy's life. Pretty exciting, eh?
Dan







4 Comments:

At May 22, 2009 at 10:59 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I have only been a GMC owner for 3 months. . . so I am new to your travel blog. I am really enjoying it. I LOVE the GIANT "mean" kitty.
Looks like he could have things his way!!!

 
At May 24, 2009 at 11:58 AM , Blogger Richard said...

Seen your APRS mobile station, and googled your callsign and found your blog. Do you have a working email address?
Thanks
Richard
KB4YTM

 
At May 24, 2009 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Dan & Teri Gregg said...

Richard, My email address is:
gregg_dan at hotmail.com
Where the "at" is "@".
Dan

 
At August 2, 2009 at 6:54 AM , Blogger OLD SHOE said...

We have loved reading your travels and are looking for a GMC Motorhome.Who better to ask than the people who have spent three years working on theirs. Can you please let us know if you know of anyone who has one for sale, that you know and that you have seen, personally?
Good Job!
The Almost Retired, then lost everything, then back to work crowd.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home