Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Day After

Now look at my grandson here. Dosen't he look like he knows how to pick out a winner? He is choosing the pigs for the 4H show in the Fall. They will feed them out and have winners again this year. That is Caleb and he knows his hogs. Well, I got the primer on and one coat of paint. Will hit it again in the morning and then see if I can talk Teri into scraping the paint from the glass for me. Wish me luck. Pretty much all of the progress I made today. Some days are great and some just go a little slower than others.
This has me stumped right now. I need this door hinge pin out so I can install the new one which will allow me to have a passenger side mirror on the Vdub. It sure is being contrary. As you can see it has bent my bolt and is twisting my 8 dollar clamp. I have it soaking in Kroil now so will see if it loosens up any over night. I bought the hardest bolt I could find. Maybe I will saw it out tomorrow and see if I can find one harder. I hate to give up on it. Maybe some heat tomorrow directed to it will cause it to pop. I spent at least two hours today messing with it. Had to come inside a few times just to get my mind off of it and try to teach myself a new song on the guitar.

Here is our 15 ft. stump in the back yard. I did not even try to crank the saw. With my luck today it would have blown the head right off the little engine. Maybe tomorrow.



If you look down at the base you can see where it is busted, vertically. Just to the right is about a 3 inch piece holding it up. The tree is cut all the way around except for this 3 inch stretch. That's where we were when the saw would not run any longer after getting pinched in the tree. Almost did not get it out. The tree is hollow except for about 3 inches all the way around it. All of the squirrels are mad.

I am done for today. Hope everyone else had a more productive day than I did. I figured since I won't be going to work Thursday I could knock off early today and rest up.
See ya later,
Dan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home