Monday, May 18, 2009

Going, Going, Not Gone

Oh yea, we have three happy Indian fans. Our three grandsons, in Logansport, In, got a chance to attend a farm club game Sunday. Just wanted to show you what kind of smile a ballgame can put on these boys. I remember going to sleep at night with my radio on and listening to Harry Cary call the Cardinals. Oh yea, he was with St. Louis before he became a Chicago traitor. I built a timer for my radio so it would go off after I dozed off. Took my mind off of picking cotton, ha. Well, we had an old Maple tree in the back yard that needed to go. The squirrels were not happy as it was hollow and they loved it. It still put out decent shade but I thought it was about time we cut it down before the ice or wind got it. Our son in law, Chris, came over yesterday and went to work on it.
Woops, repeat.


Limbs are off now we are to the serious stuff.




Look, you can see how hollow the thing is. Had about a 3 inch outter ring that was holding it.
Well, it seems just before it fell it pinched Chris' saw and we were stuck. Tried to push it over but could not do it. So, now we have a 15 foot stump.
Today I pulled my saw out and went through the carburator. It had not been started in 7 years. The fuel in it looked like syrip. After about an hour I had it running. Took it out back and cut up the limbs so we can dispose of them. Tomorrow Teri and I will take the tall stump down to the ground.
That should do it for today. Just wanted you to see that there is no rest for the "retired" around here. Yall have a great evening. Come on back and we will show you the rest of the tree, when it is on the ground.
Dan




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home