Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Productive Tuesday

Look here, the oldest and the youngest Gregg boys. This is my youngest grandson, Nick. We had quite a day yesterday. Sure is good to have grandkids. I never dreamed it would feel so good. Today was a "do all" kind of day. As you can see here I replaced one of the bug doors. Sure will be nice not to hear rattling windows and have air rushing around in there. When I get done with this thing I think Teri will no longer be embarrassed to ride with me. That is my goal anyway.
Got the driver's door on. Will start working on the passenger door in a day or two. We have all new stuff for the doors so they should be as tight as new when we are done. Teri came out and helped me hang this one. Total swap took about 15 minutes.


If you need something to shine your aluminum wheels, this is it. I have used everything advertized and nothing worked like they said. This stuff works. I used it on the mags on the bug then did the GMC wheels. Used paper towels to wipe it off as we were at a GMC rally in Ky. I have no financial interest here. My friend, Chuck Boyd, got this for me. Well worth the 20 bux for the bottle.


Oh, don't tell Teri I put this one in here. I just wanted you to see how a retired guy must "slave" sometimes. I scraped this door today because my chainsaw would not start. Those things are sure tempermental. They run when they want to. I hope it will crank tomorrow or I will have to paint the garage door. We had intended to replace this thing but just never got around to it so I have got to get it painted. Only wood on the house. Everything else we covered so no painting.
Teri bought the primer and paint tonight so it is going to happen this week.

Are you wondering why the three antifreeze bottles are in the picture? Well, I also drained the coolant from the motorhome and refilled with new. Got to keep that high dollar Griffin aluminum radiator clean.
So, there you have it. Stayed busy all day but I did take long breaks. I can do that now since I pay myself. I hope I can clean up some of the tree limbs tomorrow but I need the chainsaw to fire up. We still have a 15 ft. stump that I need to get on the ground also. Lots of work to get done around here before we take off again. Teri is working on stuff for a yard sale this weekend.
Thanks for checking in on us.
Dan




1 Comments:

At May 20, 2009 at 5:52 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan, you are living my retirement. I don't have grandkids....hope to...but the kids better get going on that. Still have to work. And no longer have a GMC. So, you see, when you scrape the garage door, it is just like ME scraping MY garage door.

Oh, and please.......leaving gaps of several days does not help my "retirement", so I am sorry to say that you MUST post something each and every day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home