Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Volkswagen Baja

The old beater is gradually getting neater. Got the passenger door swapped out today. Finished up rehabbing it yesterday. Still need to put the new door rubber around it and paint the inside of it. Will put the new door panel on when I get that done. Still have to rebuild the driver's door. Have not got the door hinge pin out of the passenger door yet. Will keep oiling it and one of these days it will pop out. I am sure it has been in there since 1966.
Old door off and new one ready to set. Teri came out and helped me hold it while I got the bolts in it.



Here you have it. Now I have matching primered doors with good glass that does not rattle. It will seal up tight for the winter temps now. I work on it when I have time. It will one day make Dave Ramsey proud to know I have a good looking beater. Right now it is a bit homley, but it runs good and gets lots of looks. Every time I stop for gas someone comes over to talk about the bug they had one time. I had one before too and I hated that thing. It was a true dog to drive. Now I can work on them so I can keep this one up and running. I do not get left at the stop lights. Sounds real good too.
That was about it as far as physical labor around here today. I did wash the Vibe right before supper. Teri turned the central air on tonight. It has really been muggy around here.
Watch me travel to Cincinnati if you get time. I will be tracking as WD0AFQ-1. I will leave out of here about 9 am and hope to arrive there 7 hours later. Will be in Hamilton. That is on the north side of the city. I think it is 425 miles from here.
I did put up a new "repeater" here at the house today. Trying to get a tracking station set up here at home as we are in a remote area for tracking. Nothing between here and Springfield, Mo. going west. To the east nothing this side of Paducah. I hope to fill part of that void for folks. I can now tell which store Teri is parked at, but don't tell her. Am taking all of the trackers with me to Ohio where we will put them on a spectrum analyzer to set them up like they should be, no guess work. Ken Burton, my friend, will be there and plans to help me.
So, hope to have pictures and get them posted from Ohio.
Everyone have a great week.
Dan


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home