Thursday, July 16, 2009

Home Alone

And no camera. Oh wow, it has been a week since I was here. That is way too long.
Teri is at camp again this week and staying in the GMC. I have been home by myself but that is all changing this afternoon. I will have 2 grandsons, one almost 2 and one almost 4, spending the night. This is going to be fun. I can not get both of them into car seats in the bug so I am going up to camp and stealing Teri's Vibe. Tonight we will all 3 go back to camp and visit with the folks while watching the skits. There are lots of toddlers there this week, with their parents, so this will work out great. I will have the smallest one, Rylan, all day tomorrow. His dad, Chris, cut off the end of his left middle finger last Saturday. He has a doctor's appointment, in St. Louis, Friday so I get the smallest child while the other two go other places. Yesterday I got to take his older brother and sister, Colsyn and Marci Claire, to the "resting home" to visit elderly folks. "Resting" is their term. After we left we went to a local drug store and had ice cream cones. They are 4 and 6. Today is Colsyn's 6th birthday so we celebrated yesterday with ice cream. Neat little soda fountain like old times. So, I have been and will be busy. Pray for me for tonight. At least both are pottie trained. That is a big plus in my book.
I got the new seats in the bug. That was no easy undertaking and it was hot Tuesday when I did it. A friend of mine cut the brackets for me and that afternoon I installed them. It is like riding in a totally different car. Seats help make a vehicle in my book.
So, there you have it. Teri is gone, the grass got mowed and we had a storm last evening, dropping about 3/4 inch of rain. Oh, we did go to St. Louis last Thursday and picked up our 12 year old grandson, Tyler. He is at camp with Teri this week and loving it. We will take him home next week and then continue our travels up into Michigan. Ride along with us. I will give you plenty of notice.
Thanks for checking on us. All is well at the Gregg house. Just busy as most retired folks are.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home