Monday, July 6, 2009

Bringing in July

We hope that everyone had a great Fourth. Teri and I stayed home and visited with each other. Saturday night we watched fireworks from our couch, out the front window. It was great. Fireworks shows were all around us. About 230 am, we were fast asleep. Here comes a loud bang at our front door. We jump up and then sounds like gun fire. Got outside and someone had set an entire pack of fire crackers off on our porch. I don't know why we were targeted but we were. Did not take me long to go back to sleep. Teri walked all over looking for whoever it was. No luck. I have not pranked anyone so I don't think it was anyone we know. Must have been kids walking down the street or it could have been the neighbor behind me. Just Saturday morning he was telling me how he sewed grass seed in the other neighbor's garden at 2 am. I got a feeling it was him. This morning Teri and Gloria went up to the camp to help with lunch. I drove the bug up a little later and helped them out. Good crop of kids up there this week. We will probably go back a day or two and help more this week. Teri will be there all week next week and plans to sleep in the GMC. I'll take it up Friday and set it up for her. I may sneak up there a time or two as I love sleeping in the coach. Our grandson from Indiana will be up there as a camper. We are to meed his family in St. Louis Friday. They are on their way home from a month in Arizona. Better them than me. Not too interested in being out there again in June. Way too hot.

Just behind the kitchen, Teri found these blackberries. Nothing to compare with those in the Northwest but they look pretty tasty for our area. I'll pick a few later this week when we are back up there, just to keep the snakes from getting all of them.
Sometime this week we have friends from Australia coming for a vist. They are in the states and have a GMC coach that they leave over here. So, you can see, we are busy this week. Teri goes back to the doctor, in Cape Girardeau, tomorrow afternoon also. We will really be scurrying around. Hope our company comes Wednesday. That is our "free'est" day this week.
Everyone enjoy the week. Monday is one of my favorite days.
Dan

1 Comments:

At July 7, 2009 at 3:24 PM , Blogger carl s said...

You are not missing much in Arizona right now. We had rain in Tucson on Friday night (late), but it's been hot and muggy ever since. It is supposed to hit 109* on Saturday, the day we leave for Show Low for a week. It will be a wild ride, in the GMC, over "seven mile hill" and through the Salt River Canyon, but it will be much cooler up there.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home