Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A GMC Motorhome @ Bootheel Youth Camp

I would have never dreamed, 41 years ago, that I would be here sleeping in comfort. I really never thought I would live to be this old, ha. As a first year camper, in 1968, I was one of the small guys here. Back then the boys were big and a bit on the wild side. The camp board had to pass a rule to get the big boys to stop coming after they reached 18. One of my best friends was the cause of that rule. He was 21 years old and still a "camper".
I have lots of real stories I could tell these campers but am trying to keep them to myself. Might stir something up in their minds that does not need stirring up. I do not believe that I ever got caught pulling pranks when I was here. I don't recall being caught. Sneaky was always the name of my game and never look guilty. I better stop thinking about this, or I might be tempted to pull a few pranks tonight myself. This is my camper sweetheart. She looks good even after sleeping in the hot cabin. Can't even hold hands here so when I get a kiss I have to sneak it. Last night there was a knock at my door. I got my kiss then.
It is 3 pm, the heat of the day. The boys are swimming and the girls are doing crafts. Here I find myself under the roof air of a nice comfortable GMC coach. Well, better check the stock market real quick, thow a little water on my face, to look sweaty, and head back out there.
Thanks for checking on us.
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home