Friday, June 26, 2009

Geocaching Stoddard County Missouri

We got up and around early this morning. Were trying to beat the heat. Left here about 730 am and headed for our first hunt. Was in an old cemetary at the north limits of Dexter. Teri found that cache right away. Had to get information from certain headstones then translate that into coordinates. I do not like these kind. Give me the coords and lets go. Always interesting headstones.
Off to our second hunt.


This is a very nice and well kept cemetary. Lots of US Veterans are here. I hope that it can always be kept in the shape that it is now. Very pretty place for a permanent resting place.


Our third hunt took us to this old log cabin. It was built in 1872. Has been moved from Clines Island to the city park in Bloomfield. You can see that Teri found this one. Did not take her long either. She is good at this.





One of my favorite spots this morning. It got hot, real hot, before we finished. What little shade I found felt really good. Checked my email sitting here while Teri was out chasing her fourth treasure of the day.




We finished at the Stoddard County Civil War memorial and cemetary. These fellas all fought in the civil war. Ckick the picture so you can read the front of this headstone.






Now, click this one so you can read the back of the same headstone. Cracked me up when I saw it. Most of the headstones told how the soldiers died. This one seemed to have survived the battles but lost the fight to a mob.


By the time we finished the fourth cache it was 930 am and very hot. We headed back home. Was 92 degrees here at 10 am, and that is in the shade. As soon as the weather breaks we plan a bigger all day "hunt" over in western Ky. and Tn. Lots of great caches along the eastern side of the Ms. River.
I hope that it is cooler where you are. Enjoy your weekend. Friday has rolled around one more time.
Dan







2 Comments:

At June 26, 2009 at 1:55 PM , Blogger Wally and Sue said...

"hanged by mob" What a way to die.

 
At June 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM , Blogger carl s said...

That looks like more fun than I had today. If someone (I won't mention any names) hadn't messed up my parts order, I would have all four sets of rear wheel bearings done on the GMC.

Carl S.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home